Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Warner Bros Ranch Demolition

In this scene from Bewitched, X marks the spot where Elizabeth Montgomery stands in front of The I Dream of Jeannie house, with The Partridge Family house to the left. 1969

Below, days before the final, tragic demolition of The Ranch, is a view of the same spot. October 2023.
I Dream Of Jeannie House

The Partridge Family House
Bewitched House

Days later the Bewitched House and Hazel House (aka Lethal Weapon House) were both gone.


The Warner Bros Ranch was built in the 1930s, and perhaps flourished in 1960s and 1970s television but was very active and operational until WB sold it in 2019. 


Below are various screenshots and video from the 60s and 70s, like I Dream Of Jeannie, Police Story, Police Woman, Gidget,  Bewitched, Hazel, Monkees and A Rage To Live, and The Father Knows Best Reunion.























Check out this great video from 80s life on the Warner Brothers Ranch demolition, the top images here are from this video. Also, other users have created videos on the subject on YouTube.


5 comments:

  1. It sickens me that the ranch was bulldozed.It met the fate of the 40 acre Desilu lot in Culver City.Things get sold.But I feel I grew up on the Warner lot without ever being there.So much of my childhood tv shows were filmed there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. Sad to know it's going, but I honestly feel like I grew up on this street. A great collection of images and video here, thanks Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughh. That last video was hard to watch. The Bewitched house being demolished.I bet Dick York and Elisabeth Montermery are rolling in their graves. Its crazy.I am actually in mourning about this. I guess thats what these houses and streets meant to me. Gayle Sayers in Brians Song even "lived" in that house.Just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad. Always felt nice to know that it was there.

    ReplyDelete