Saturday, August 26, 2023

Unusual POV of The Brady Residence

. 
 The 1970 Mannix episode “One For The Lady” was filmed on The Brady Bunch set and used this interesting angle from the front door looking towards the fourth wall.



The Bradys maybe never (?) shot through this angle of their dining room patio doors. On very rare occasions they would do the reverse, filming through these doors looking out to the driveway and yard. I’m guessing it was more difficult to light or set up or perhaps after a while it was just habit that they never structured anything that way. 



Here are a couple more shots from the episode. It’s cool seeing the set with the staircase removed.



Joe Mannix in the Brady boys bedroom.


1 comment:

  1. This is wild, esp the boys bedroom in that last pic. We watched Mannix when I was a kid (well, my dad did) and I just don't remember seeing or recognizing the Brady house. I guess the idea that set could be multi-purposed never occurred to me!

    ReplyDelete