Its amazing it was like that at one time. Having to carry coins,and find a phone. When you think about it,so many tv shows and movies couldnt be written anymore where a character went "missing",because of our cell phones we have now. The Waltons Homecoming is a perfect example.
You can get around it. In a play I'm working on I have one of the guys leave his cell phone in his boyfriend's gym bag in order to mesh with a plot point where he can't be reached for several hours. But I take your point.
Looking back I can't believe how no one at the time seemed very concerned about how filthy those phones must have been; not just touching them, but putting it to your ear and mouth. We must have had stronger stomachs then.
Its amazing it was like that at one time.
ReplyDeleteHaving to carry coins,and find a phone.
When you think about it,so many tv shows and movies couldnt be written anymore where a character went "missing",because of our cell phones we have now.
The Waltons Homecoming is a perfect example.
You can get around it. In a play I'm working on I have one of the guys leave his cell phone in his boyfriend's gym bag in order to mesh with a plot point where he can't be reached for several hours. But I take your point.
ReplyDeleteGood point.
DeleteJust have a character lose their cell phone,and be out in the woods or something.
The phone could die, as well, or the character could just not be answering the phone for one reason or the other.
DeleteLooking back I can't believe how no one at the time seemed very concerned about how filthy those phones must have been; not just touching them, but putting it to your ear and mouth. We must have had stronger stomachs then.
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteEven back then,I hated to use those phones.
Nowadays,I carry a bottle of sanitizer in my car everywhere I go.